Tuesday, April 27, 2010

My attempt at playing with Paverpol...



Okay, I wanted some wings that would be stiff enough to stay in one place, but still look natural. I was in a doll class a couple of years ago and a wonderful teacher Sherry Goshon showed us how to use Paverpol. Well, I bought a bottle for class, used it in class and have not used it since, until today. I thought it is made to be a fabric stiffener, dries clear, and should do what I want. From the pictures it is hard to tell, but I shaped the wings into a wrinkled pattern to give them depth after I had drowned them in a mixture of Paverol and water. I will get you pics later in the week to see how they turn out. I am working on my wall hangings and needed stiff wings to not only support the head, but give a good backing for the heads to hang on the wall with. So, we shall see. Till next time....

No comments: