Tuesday, August 19, 2008

Finally posting again and my trip to the state fair...

Hello all. I did not realize it had been so long since I have posted. My bad. Well, this past Friday I went to drop off 2 dolls and a wall hanging at the State Fair of Texas. Last year I entered 2 dolls and they both won first place, so I am hoping to do the same this year, but we shall see. I decided though to also enter a wall hanging. Well, the wall hanging was also part of a challenge from another group to do a self-portrait with the Omnistitch machine. That is my embellishing machine that has not been made in years and can really test you patience. Well, I have to admit that the face on the wall hanging looked absolutely nothing like me, but I still think it turned out pretty good. When I went to give the wall hanging to the lady who was signing people in she gave me this weird look and asked if the face was suppose to be somebody. Well, without even thinking I told her it was suppose to be me. At this point, she broke out laughing and said that it looked nothing like me and then proceeded to show the other ladies sitting around there, who all ended up getting a good laugh out of it. I was laughing also, as it really did not look anything like me, but at least I made every one's day. LOL. So, here is my pic and the wall hanging pic - what do you think?


I guess you can see now why they had such a laugh... until next time.

No comments: