Thursday, August 28, 2008

What I have been doing....

About 2 months ago I purchased a 9 needle Toyota commercial embroidery machine and one of my first jobs was a company that wanted embroidered leather pieces for purses. I was told by many a person to run from the job, but because I am one of those people that has a problem following rules, patterns, or anything else for that matter, I just had to give it a try. After several trials, different needles and backing materials, etc., I think I am finally understanding the process to embroidery on leather. It has been quite the learning curve and there were points where I was ready to throw the machine out the door, but I rather like sewing on leather. Here are a couple of samples of the designs:
I have seen the purses finished and they are soooo pretty. Once I have a picture of I purse I will post it. What really helped was finding a digitizer that understood leather, so I didn't end up with a huge hole in the leather instead of a design sewed onto it. Till later. ~michelle

No comments: