Thursday, March 19, 2009

Dolls, dolls...everywhere...oh no!!

Well, here are the boxes of my doll bodies that are now waiting for their faces to be sculpted and painted and then their costumes put on. I think there are at least 20 bodies in their little baggies in these two containers. I have four weeks until Main Street and if I do not have the faces done on these girls by Monday my booth is going to look really empty, as I am soooo off schedule.

To me the costuming goes the quickest, at least the way I do it. I do not normally cut out patterns, fussy cut, etc., I drape the fabric, pin and sew. I then add a lot of embellishments to cover any funky seams or such and then we are done. A couple of these girls are going to get leather boots, which is a little added work, but I just glue the leather to the leg and then either stitch or glue around the seams and there you go, little boots. I went through my boxes upon boxes of fabric last week and mixed and matched coordinated fabrics for each doll and then put the fabric in the dolls bag so I have everything in one place.

I just love those gallon size baggies, as I can put a doll and all her trimmings in one releasable bag with her pattern and don't have to worry about sorting and trying to figure out what goes with what. Great time saver. I then take those baggies once the doll is done with the pattern pieces and any extra parts and staple them to the main pattern book I have and then if I want to make another one of a certain doll, I already have my pattern ready and possibly already cut out pattern pieces. Shear genius, huh? LOL. Well till next time...


No comments: