Thursday, February 12, 2009

Count down to Main Street...

Wow, I just realized today that there is only a few weeks until the big show. I am so behind and have so much I need to get done still. I am trying to figure out my booth setup and what I need to be sure to display my dolls in their best light. I basically have to make a doll a day for the next two months to be sure to have enough product to stock my booth well. I also want to make a lifesize doll to sit in a chair at the opening of my booth to get people's attention. Goodness, so much to do and so little time - ;o).
I am at such a crossroad right now. I am so tired of what I do for a living right now. I am a medical transcriptionist and have been for the past 9 years and it is just getting to be too much. I make less now than I did 9 years ago, work longer hours, and am tearing up my wrists. I have to make some major decisions as to what I am going to do to get myself out of MT work and into something I enjoy, have passion for, that will also provide me and my family with a good living. That last part is going to be the hard part. I have been a writer for years and think it is time to really start focusing on learning how to take my writing skills, along with my passion for fiber arts, and start opening some new venues to provide multiple streams of income. I know this can be done, it is just finding the time, which has always been a problem for me, as my time management skills really do stink, but I am working on that. I obtained a Daytimer and am going to start listing everything I want to accomplish each day, each week, and make goals in writing that I can follow. I remember being told many years ago that failing to plan is planning to fail, so failure is not an option around here. LOL. Well that is all for now. Till next time...

No comments: